Adding WiFi driver, e.g., SV6051P with softAP

Вопросы по системе для оборудования на базе Amlogic.

Adding WiFi driver, e.g., SV6051P with softAP

Сообщение s_hippy » 02 мар 2019, 03:00

I see that AE3.0.4 is updated with a WiFi module and skso YouTube-dl which I earlier had problems downloading with.

Questions:

1. How can I check (via SSH) which WiFi drivers are already available, and their attributes, e.g., softAP for the hotspot tether mode under AE Configuration?

2. Is the SV6051P WiFi driver with softAP already included ? If not can it be included? The vendor is unluckily out of business now, but the driver is supposedly available for the legacy kernel (3.14.) The chipset is quite popular with x96 and mxqpro models.

3. Is it possible to support wifi USB dongles with s905 boxes?

4. If above cannot be done with the existing connmanctl package, can the Network Manager package be installed via Entware to do the job?
s_hippy

Автор темы

Re: Adding WiFi driver, e.g., SV6051P with softAP

Сообщение s_hippy » 06 мар 2019, 01:49

s_hippy писал(а):I see that AE3.0.4 is updated with a WiFi module and skso YouTube-dl which I earlier had problems downloading with.

Questions:

1. How can I check (via SSH) which WiFi drivers are already available, and their attributes, e.g., softAP for the hotspot tether mode under AE Configuration?

2. Is the SV6051P WiFi driver with softAP already included ? If not can it be included? The vendor is unluckily out of business now, but the driver is supposedly available for the legacy kernel (3.14.) The chipset is quite popular with x96 and mxqpro models.

3. Is it possible to support wifi USB dongles with s905 boxes?

4. If above cannot be done with the existing connmanctl package, can the Network Manager package be installed via Entware to do the job?

FYI, for #1 and #2, found some answers:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9731- ... /?pageNo=1
s_hippy

Автор темы